Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

Advice for a younger me

I got this idea from a youtube video i watched from woodysgamertag, he makes good stuff  so go check him out!!! after you read this of course (: and he made a video on if he could go back and give his younger self advice what it would be. I really liked the idea so im going to do it here! thanks Woody!!
     
so the first piece of advice i would give myself is that school IS important. I went through my entire schooling career not really giving a rip about my grades. I would tell my parents whatever excuse i needed to tell to get out of getting in trouble with the worst grades i could. now this isnt saying that I did "bad" but I should have tried alot harder i think. part of the reason i didnt, i think, is because being "smart" was looked down upon in my school. my mom said i came home from school in kindergarten and said that being smart is for nerds. which i feel ultimatley set me up for failure. 
     
this brings me to my second piece of advice...which ties in to getting picked on... DONT LET OTHER KIDS PICK ON ME! stand up for myself and fight back. I was on the chubbier side when i was younger, hell i still am haha, and i wasnt the most coordinated of all my friends so naturally i got picked on. if i could go back i would tell myself to stand up for myself. work a little harder on showing the bullys that im not a little uncoordinated kid. Its so easy to just give in and let yourself get bullyed, and as a young kid its hard to find the right way to fight back, but if your really sick of something then dig deep and find a way to change it. 
   
my third and last piece of advice is to put a little more effort in sports. as you can probably tell by now i was a pretty lazy kid and wish i could have changed that. I wouls tell myself that even though your not very coordinated (which i wasnt) dont give up, work hard to improve and maybe i wouldnt have gotten picked on so much and could have been included in the sport activities everyone else was doing. 

I know this was a longer post and if you read to here, thank you very much. I hope this makes you think a little bit about your childhood and advice you would give yourself. so my question is; what advice would you give yourself?

Thanks again for reading and if you like what i write dont forget to follow and please comment (: 

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment