Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Success and the Pressure that comes with it.

When we are all younger we say we're going to be Astronauts or Cowboys or Firefighters and that's that. Nobody asks us how we will get there or what our plan is but it seems as I grow up that's all i hear, "how?" Everything that I say I want, wheither it be what i want to major in, the new ipad 2 or anything else really, I get asked "how are you going to get it?" which is a very good question to ask! dont get me wrong, it's just that theres a lot of pressure that comes with it. Once you start thinking of "how" you realize how hard it is to obtain which kind of puts (me) down. The best way i have come up with when getting overwhelmed with pressure from both trying to plan the future and (something i havent talked about) pressure from being successful at something is to focus on the present. Don't worry about the long time future, I take a little bit of time out of the weeek and think about what i want in the fiture and then snap back and forget about it. I feel you should know what you want and think about how you are going to get there but after that forget about it and focus on enjoying the present. As Tony Horton, creator of the awesome P90X, said "The past is history, The future's a mystery, That's why they call it the present." And I live by that everyday.

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment