Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

late night poem

I wanted to post something before I went to bed and I thought a simple poem by author Fredrick Harper would be appropriate. I feel like this poem can give a lot of good advice for young adults like us.
 
I'm sorry I didnt write anything original today/tonight but I promise I'll have some good stuff coming up in the next few days, once I get school and what I want to write sorted out.
 
I hope you like the poem.
 
Thanks, Tyler
 
 
 
ADVICE TO THE YOUNG


Be true to your eyes, ears, thoughts, and feelings;

Listen to your heart but yield to your mind’s best

Judgment;

Be kind and wise in spoken words, for surely your

Words will follow you;

Be not afraid of risks but be cautious of actions

Driven by emotion, confusion, and false friends;

Avoid jealousy of others’ achievements and possessions;

Don’t live with an insatiable greed for more than

You can appreciate or use;

Don’t eat more than your hunger’s call or

Drink beyond your thirst’s needs;

Listen to spirits that favor you and offend not

Those that oppose you;

Absorb yourself in an activity worthy of your unique

Talent, and develop as many common

Potentialities as you desire and can;

Whatever you do, do it as well as you can;

Live comfortably with your conscience,

And be at peace with your soul;

Be courageous in life, while always respecting

Death’s luring and lurking;

Rest when tired and think when you are uncertain;

Be kind to the sacredness of life and respect the

Natural order of the universe;

Follow no one or no thing except your own judgment

And your own divine wish;

Love and respect yourself and your family;

Be all you can by developing yourself;

Do all you can in helping worthy others;

And live a quality and meaningful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment